- One of the best ways to keep stubborn colds away from your head and chest, is to have a daily amount of vitamin C. Oranges have a high volume of the beneficial vitamin, eat lots of rich vitamin fruits and also try to hit that 5 a day. Eating fruits like bananas are an excellent way to release energy slowly throughout the day meaning you will be more productive and less sluggish. Why not make a fruit salad the night before for your 11 O’clock snack the next day?
- It is important that your workplace has good ventilation during the winter, but that’s not a suggestion to keep the windows wide open and freeze. Opening them for 5 minutes a few times a day can refresh the air in the room. Ventilation keeps germs from harbouring in the same place for too long. Try opening office doors when meetings aren’t taking place too!
- Employees should use antibacterial gel regularly to keep nasty germs at bay. The importance of personal hygiene should be emphasised at this time of the year, re- print those faded hand wash signs in the staff toilet…
- At Mercury, we keep a box of cold and flu sachets and tablets at the ready for employees who may begin to feel under the weather. Try and catch it quickly to avoid taking days off work.
- Temperatures have to be regulated at work to ensure good employee wellbeing and good health. Although this can be difficult in the winter, if your office tends to be cold invest in some mini electric heaters, but don’t forget to turn them off at the end of the day!
employee Archives - Hampshire Human Resource Company | MercuryHR
Is it acceptable to type the word ‘LOVE’ in the same sentence as ‘EMPLOYEE’ or ‘EMPLOYER’?
Isn’t love something you leave at home or with your family and friends? Should Employers ‘love’ their employees? Should employees ‘love’ their Employer? Wow! Is there even a right answer? Probably not! In our humble experience, if employees feel valued and wanted, this can amount to a type of ‘love’. We all desire this surely? A sense that we belong, a sense that someone cares for us, about our day, about our future, about our growth? Employers that already have strategies and mechanisms in place to permit such senses to Employees, tend to have the advantage over their competitors who do not, and when it comes to attrition, they will certainly have the upper hand, particularly if the HR team are equipped at branding and marketing of the Company. How do you spread the love? How will you show your appreciation for your staff above and beyond paying them?
At MercuryHR, Hampshire HR Consultants, we have regular pay reviews in line with ability and aptitude, we invest in personal development, extra benefits for service length, we have regular away day/team events, ad-hoc recognition gifts, birthday acknowledgements with gifts, sporadic early finishes, not forsaking assisting with food and refreshments for the office, throwing in the occasional breakfast or meal and we are very sensitive to family needs. We strive to be a sought after employer and we learn a lot from our staff, their feelings, their opinions and feedback. As a company with people at the heart of what we do, we will always create new ways of spreading the love.